Subrequest Cycle

Antonio Nappa jeppojeps at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 15:45:54 UTC 2017

Hello,

I would like to trigger a subrequest that will call a location that has an
upstream. What I am experimenting is a loop of subrequests, also if I do
finalize on the subrequest in the subsequent calls to the filter.

if (r != r->main)
  { /* subrequest */
    ngx_http_finalize_request(r, NGX_HTTP_OK);
    return NGX_OK;
  }

Also I see an empty response from the server, instead of the actual body of
the root page.

My expected behavior would be to issue an asynchronous upstream call
through the usage of a subrequest when a particular value is set in the ctx.

Thanks,
Antonio