nginx listening for ssh client requests and redirections

Sudarshan Soma sudarshan12s at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 17:25:03 UTC 2017

I have the following  requirement.

-> ssh username at ipaddr
It has to direct the ssh requests to port 2035 on machine with IP , ipaddr

-> scp username at ipaddr
It has to direct scp requests to port 2036 on machine with IP, ipaddr

The reason we want this way is , on machine with IP addr ipaddr, we are
listening on 2035 for giving custom login shell.
 on port 2036, we provide scp transfers.

For this to work, Can  Nginx run on port 22 on machine, ipaddr and add a
rule to redirect to different ports based on protocol (ssh or scp)

After this, can i do the following from my laptop

ssh username at ipaddr  // gives me custom login shell

scp username at ipaddr // enables scp transfers.

Regards,
Grover