Fwd: [ module ] Add http upstream keep alive timeout parameter

Wei Xu weixu365 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 09:41:16 UTC 2017

Hi
I saw there's an issue talking about "implement keepalive timeout for
upstream <https://trac.nginx.org/nginx/ticket/1170>".

I have a different scenario for this requirement.

I'm using Node.js web server as upstream, and set keep alive time out to 60
second in nodejs server. The problem is I found more than a hundred
"Connection reset by peer" errors everyday.

Because there's no any errors on nodejs side, I guess it was because of the
upstream has disconnected, and at the same time, nginx send a new request,
then received a TCP RST.

I tried Tengine <http://tengine.taobao.org/> which is a taobao cloned
version of nginx, and set upstream keep alive timeout to 30s, then there's
no errors any more.

So I want to know is there any plan to work on this enhancement? or can I
submit a patch for it?

Best Regards
Wei Xu