Adding OpenSSL ciphersuites at compile time

Neil Craig Neil.Craig at bbc.co.uk
Thu Apr 5 18:39:45 UTC 2018

Hi Thomas

Thanks for your reply. What you outline is essentially what I want to do – I am statically compiling nginx against a specific openssl version and I want to be able to re-enable 3DES ciphersuites which are disabled in openssl 1.1.0+ (we have some audience demographics in e.g. Rural India and North Africa, a reasonable proportion of whom use very old mobile handsets).

So…what I would like to be able to do is to add something to my configure for nginx which would trigger the same behaviour as if I were adding “enable-<ciphersuite>” when configuring openssl.

Hopefully that makes a bit more sense now :-).

Cheers

Neil Craig
Lead Technical Architect
BBC Design + Engineering | OTG
Broadcast Centre, London W12 7TQ | BC4 A3
[cid:1470E654-D8D0-4A53-A0B0-628531702DD6]