[nginx] Upstream keepalive: keepalive_requests directive.

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Mon Aug 13 14:35:03 UTC 2018

Hello!

On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 12:30:58AM -0700, Frank Liu wrote:

> I don't see why we would want the upstream default be the same as the
> downstream.
> Upstream and downstream have different characteristics, as explained in
> this post http://mailman.nginx.org/pipermail/nginx/2015-December/049445.html
> why
> HTTP2 is supported in downstream but not in upstream.

Sure, upstream and downstream defaults are not required to be the
same.  And, for example, we do not use keepalive with upstream
servers by default - at all, unless explicitly configured.
Nevertheless, in many cases it is a good idea to keep them the
same to avoid needless user confusion.

Also, as already said, it is believed that 100 is a good enough
number for most setups.