Patch to make 404 pages etc and autoindex pages use valid HTML

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Wed Nov 28 16:31:08 UTC 2018

Hello!

On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 12:19:31AM -0500, Andras Farkas wrote:

> Hello!
> The following two patches make it so that whenever nginx provides an
> autoindexed page or a special response page, the HTML page sent uses
> valid HTML.
> This means browsers will use a standards-compliant mode rather than
> quirks mode to render those pages.
> Thanks for reading!

Thank you for your patch.

Such a change will significantly modify typical rendering of error
pages, so I would rather refrain from it unless there are more
practical reasons than triggering standards-complaint mode instead
of quirks mode - which does no seem to make any difference for
pages nginx generates.