Question about ngx_handle_write_event

Eran Kornblau eran.kornblau at kaltura.com
Mon Jul 1 19:23:11 UTC 2019

Hi all,

Something is unclear to me regarding the use of this function, the development guide says -
"the functions ngx_handle_read_event(rev, flags) and ngx_handle_write_event(wev, lowat)
must be called after handling an I/O socket notification or calling any I/O functions on that socket"

If my module finished sending all the data it had, and is now waiting for more data to arrive
(on some other socket) does it still have to call ngx_handle_write_event?

I'm currently calling this function unconditionally at the end of the write handler, and I'm seeing
the handler being called even when it has nothing to do, so thought maybe I'm doing something
wrong...

Thank you,

Eran