Slice Module behavior over SSL

Carey Gister careygister at outlook.com
Thu May 9 02:29:47 UTC 2019

Hi,

I noticed that if I configure a server to use the slice module it will happily read slices of the appropriate size as fast as the upstream server can deliver them.

However, if I configure the same server to run over SSL it requests the slices at a rate consonant with the speed with which the my client application is consuming the data -- in my case about 4MB per second.

This behavior can be easily confirmed from my server access logs and I can provide a sample configuration file.

Can anyone explain this behavior?

Carey Gister