changeset 7591 | accessing SNI from Stream module

Roberto Soto webmaster at numerica.cl
Mon Nov 11 20:55:42 UTC 2019

Thank you for your answers, however, i'm still in doubt:

What does the variable $proxy_protocol_server_addr carry exactly?

I've been reading the code a bit, but cannot figure out if it is indeed
what I'm looking for:
Does it carry the server_name (SNI) requested by the client?

Checking the Proxy Protocol preference, it seems that it does support SNI:
"2.2.2 PP2_TYPE_AUTHORITY
Contains the host name value passed by the client, as an UTF8-encoded
string..."
https://www.haproxy.org/download/1.8/doc/proxy-protocol.txt

Is it possible to access such information from Nginx's stream module?

Best regards,

Roberto