Thrift proxy code contribution

魏俊杰 Junjie Wei weijunjie at didiglobal.com
Fri Jul 3 12:00:12 UTC 2020

Hello,

I am a developer from Beijing Xiaoju Technology Co, Ltd, China.?

Recently, we have make nginx(base on version 1.13.12) support thrift protocol proxing, following features are supported:

  1.  thrift proxing without idl (support thrift 0.11.0: socket transport/framed transport in strict write way)

  2.  tcp active health check

  3.  upstream keepalive connection

  4.  dynamic upstream

  5.  limiting request base on muti-variable

  6.  dispatching request to different upstream base on variable

  7.  load balance using swrr

Limitation:

  1.  thrift protocol:

     *   thrift protocol must support TMultiplexProtocol

     *   transport: socket transport, framed transport in strict write way

     *   protocol: binary protocol

  2.  event mechanics

     *   epoll

The program have been run online (CentOS 7.2,Linux version 3.10.0-514.16.1.el7.x86_64) for 3 months, and we are still making effort to optimize it to serving much more applications.

Are you willing to accept our code as a part of open source nginx?

Hope for your replay!

Thanks!

Junjie Wei