Adding a fd that is not obtained through accept to the list the active connections

Ottavio Campana ottavio at campana.vi.it
Fri Aug 27 09:47:05 UTC 2021

Dear Phillip,

I think it is not what I am trying to do (or I did not completely
understand your solution).

As far as I understand, when nginx dispatches a request it checks if it is
a file or, among others, something that can be retrieved from an upstream.
But upstreams act as clients, they do accept requests coming from the
remote server.

My goal is to have a connection to a remote server that is somehow started
by the nginx, but then the connection is reversed, the "upstream" makes
requests and nginx responds.

Is there a way to achieve this with upstreams?

Thank you,

Ottavio