rewrite / proxy_pass different bahaviour in 1.0 and 1.2

alexey.radkov nginx-forum at nginx.us
Sat Sep 29 13:33:00 UTC 2012

Maxim, thank you!

This "bug" was a "feature" in our own proxy module based upon standard nginx
proxy module. When i ported changes in 1.2 into our module i was surprised
why some of our rules were not working until i found this change.

We cannot use something like

proxy_pass http://$arg_a$request_uri;

because our directives do not support this. So currently i just reverted
those 2 removed lines into our module. May i expect some unwanted side
effects from thу removal except those which we are using as "feature"?

Cheers, Alexey.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?21,231218,231247#msg-231247