Memcached

Igor Sysoev is at rambler-co.ru
Thu Dec 21 16:21:36 MSK 2006

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006, Jason Bowerman wrote:

> I'm look for a way for Nginx to use Memcache as a storage for static
> HTML/images
>
> On this page I found a reference:
>
>  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.nginx.english/56/match=memcached
>
> But what is "ngx_http_memcached_module" ?   I cannot find any other
> references.
>
> The reason I'm considering memcached is that I'm concerned about a
> slow harddrive being a bottleneck.  From what I understand, Nginx does
> no caching at all?

Currently nginx does not cache at all. I plan to add in near future.

The ngx_http_memcached_module will be extended.
Currently it can be used as:

     server {

         location / {
             memcached_pass   name:11211;
             error_page       404  /fallback;
         }

         location = /fallback {
             proxy_pass       backend;
         }

The backend should set data to the memcached.
The memcached key is "/uri?args".

Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/