Problem with nginx config proxying to mongrel

Saimon Moore saimonmoore at
Tue Nov 14 12:44:37 MSK 2006

Hi, I'm new to nginx and I'm having trouble adapting the nginx config to
proxying mongrel correctly.

I'm having trouble with the following nginx configuration (

I have various vhosts setup but every time I ask for any static file, the
request is passed on to mongrel even though there is a static file in the
doc root (

In the first pastie you can see the error.log for the request to when there is an index.html in the docroot.

I've been trying different configurations but I always get the same problem.

I really would appreciate any help with this.