Nginx 0.4.9 crashes using /dev/poll on Solaris 10 on Sparc

Per Jonsson poj+nginx at lysator.liu.se
Fri Oct 20 20:23:41 MSD 2006

On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 06:12:53PM +0400, Igor Sysoev wrote:
> When you get segfault ? Just when run nginx or some conditions are needed ?
> Could you use gdb ?

We're getting it during what we believe is normal operation, but not all the
time. I haven't been able to find any certain conditions that give us the
segfault. The nice thing though is that nginx recovers in a good way, but
it's hard to transfer bigger files from the backend webservers running behind
nginx.

Some times when can run for a couple of minutes without segfaults, but then get
segfaults perhaps once a minute or more often.

I've managed to wrangle up a gdb, and the error is happening as per my earlier
diagnosis.

The problem seems to be that ngx_cycle->files seems to contain null-pointers,
and that the check for c->fd == -1 is not preceeded with a check for c == 0.

Please tell me if you need more info.

Best Wishes

Per
Lysator Academic Computer Society