Wrong mime type for xml feed?

Igor Sysoev is at rambler-co.ru
Wed Sep 27 00:18:40 MSD 2006

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006, Ezra Zygmuntowicz wrote:

> 	Now my question.. I am having an issue that I can't seem to figure
> out. My .xml atom feeds are being served as text/plain. Here is a curl:
>
> ez ez $ curl -I http://mephistoblog.com/feed/atom.xml
> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Server: nginx/0.4.0
> Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 16:22:13 GMT
>
> 	THe conf file is fairly complicated with a bunch of rewrites so I am
> sure it is my fault that it is not working. Could anyone shed some light on
> this for me? Here is the conf file:
>
> http://pastie.caboo.se/13599

As I understand from your configuration, "/feed/atom.xml" may be handled
by backend. And that request is really handled by backend: nginx never
set the "ETag" header line, so the "Content-Type: text/plain" is set by
backend too. nginx does not change the "Content-Type", so you need configure
it on backend.

Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/