Client closed keepalive connection

Igor Sysoev is at rambler-co.ru
Sat Apr 28 10:48:15 MSD 2007

On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 09:10:47PM -0700, Cliff Wells wrote:

> On Fri, 2007-04-27 at 21:53 +0400, Igor Sysoev wrote:
>
> > Does the client do POST and pass "Expect: continue" ?
> > nginx does not support "Expect: continue/100 Continue" dialog because
> > current browsers still do not support it (at least I never see).
>
> I'm not aware of any browsers that support "Expect: continue", however
> there are some tools and libraries that do (curl/libcurl for one).

As for me, the main use of "Expect: continue/100 Continue" dialog is
the request body limitation. I had even written article (sorry, in Russian)
"Why it's impossible to limit correctly the uploaded file size":
http://sysoev.ru/web/upload.html

The problem is that browsers do not read server response until they
will send whole request body. If server will close connection before they
have sent body, the browsers issue some network or common error,
that has no relation to the "413 Request Entity Too Large" error.

--
Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/