proxy_next_upstream

Wayne E. Seguin wayneeseguin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 17:09:43 MSD 2007

On Aug 09, 2007, at 08:07 , Abhishek Singh wrote:
> I am using nginx for mongrel cluster , and i want to use nginx
> proxy_next_upstream feature , so in which directive  should i place
> this , like in http , server or location .
>
>  proxy_next_upstream error timeout http_500 http_503;
>
> thanks

Abhishek,

I recommend placing it in the location block where you're proxying to
your mongrels. That said it is legal in http, server, or location if
you want it set once globally.

For example:

location / {
	proxy_next_upstream error timeout http_500 http_503;
     proxy_pass        http://localhost:8000;
     proxy_set_header  X-Real-IP  $remote_addr;
}

Documentation here:

http://wiki.codemongers.com/NginxHttpProxyModule#proxy_next_upstream

Hope this helps,