mod_wsgi

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Wed Aug 15 01:13:01 MSD 2007

Igor Sysoev ha scritto:
> On Tue, Aug 14, 2007 at 10:32:50PM +0200, Manlio Perillo wrote:
>
> [...]
>>   - are there any issues about mod_perl?
>
>    Do you mean ngx_http_perl_module ? Yes:
>
> [...]
 >
> 4) perl code should not do long blocking operations, i.e. connect, read,
>    DNS resolving, etc.
>
> However, I plan to add special method to $r->connect()/$r->read()/$->write()/
> $->resolve() and non-blocking operations with MySQL and PostgreSQL.

This is very interesting (as an example, I have written a PostgreSQL
client in Twisted: http://developer.berlios.de/projects/pglib/, the
MySQL API, instead, is not well written)

Do you plan to implement these features into the nginx API (so they can
be used by other modules like mod_wsgi)?

> [...]
>>   - is it possibile to extend nginx to spawn an additional worker
>>     process if required?
>
> Yes.

Ok.

>>   - do you plan to add full command line support for nginx
>>     (so one can run nginx without having to use a configuration file)?
>
> No.

Ok, I can always write a wrapper.

Thanks   Manlio Perillo