SSL Chain Cert

Igor Sysoev is at rambler-co.ru
Fri Aug 17 12:03:59 MSD 2007

On Fri, Aug 17, 2007 at 11:00:34AM +0300, Riku R?is?nen wrote:

> I've tried to install a SSL Chain Cert with no success.
>
> configuration:
>
>                 ssl_certificate      /etc/ssl/mail.domain.com.crt;
>                 ssl_certificate_key  /etc/ssl/mail.domain.com.key;
>                 ssl_client_certificate /etc/ssl/ca-bundle.crt;
>
> the ssl_client_certificate is the bundled chain cert that is needed
> for my SSL certificate to work. Is my configuration wrong? Does nginx
> have support for chain certs?

cat ca-bundle.crt mail.domain.com.crt > super-bundle.crt

       ssl_certificate      /etc/ssl/super-bundle.crt;
       ssl_certificate_key  /etc/ssl/mail.domain.com.key;

ssl_client_certificate is used to check clients certificates, it as same
as Apache's SSLCACertificateFile:
http://www.modssl.org/docs/2.8/ssl_reference.html#ToC14

--
Igor Sysoev