Error during "make" after ./configure --with-http_perl_module --with-mail

Jeremy Hinegardner jeremy at hinegardner.org
Sat Aug 18 12:23:31 MSD 2007

On Sat, Aug 18, 2007 at 11:32:51AM +0400, Igor Sysoev wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 18, 2007 at 01:27:43AM -0600, Jeremy Hinegardner wrote:
>
> > I'm betting that pcre.h is /usr/include/pcre/pcre.h on Redhat 9.  I just
> > finished building nginx on RHEL 4 and that was the case.
> >
> > add
> >
> >     --with-cc-opt=$(pcre-config --cflags)
> >
> > If pcre-config doesn't exist on RH9 then change to
> >
> >     --with-cc-opt=-I/usr/include/pcre
> >
> > enjoy,
>
> nginx configure tests pcre.h in /usr/include/pcre/ so it should work.

I'm using some other options too, maybe there is an unforseen
side effect, this is a failed build:

    http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/logs/fedora-4-epel/35727-nginx-0.5.31-2.el4/i386/build.log

The configure detects PCRE but compilation fails.  It appears to me that
the detection of PCRE is not propogated to the compilation or the
#include isn't munged appropriately or something along those lines is
not correctly fixed.

I changed the build to effectively have:

    --with-cc-opt=$(pcre-config --cflags) and we have a success

    http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/logs/fedora-4-epel/35729-nginx-0.5.31-3.el4/i386/build.log

Please let me know if I should have done this in a different manner.

enjoy,

-jeremy

 Jeremy Hinegardner                              jeremy at hinegardner.org