nginx on Windows

Igor Sysoev is at rambler-co.ru
Sun Aug 19 21:36:08 MSD 2007

On Sun, Aug 19, 2007 at 04:39:41PM +0200, Manlio Perillo wrote:

> Does nginx works on Windows?
> Is there a roadmap?

Last week I had received report that someone build nginx using cygwin
with small patch.

Besides, I regularly build nginx using native Win32 compilers MS VC,
Borland C and OpenWatcom C to see warnings. The native Win32 code uses
select() and I/O completion port. However, this Win32-related code
is not production ready and is not included in tarball.

Currently I have no plan to significantly improve Win32 code because
I do not think it will be faster or handy than existent Win32 solutions
(IIS, etc) and because I do not want to support this code in situation
when much of users have very low qualification. I simply have no time
to explain every tiny detail. Current Unix area is nature barrier for such
users.

--
Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/