Inaccessible backend

Malte Sussdorff sussdorff at sussdorff.de
Wed Aug 22 11:34:59 MSD 2007

Hello,

I am using NGINX as a load balancer in front of two aolserver
webservers. This works perfectly, sadly the AOLserver sometimes has
the problem that it just "hangs" until it gets restarted. So it is
accepting the connection, but not returning anything back.

Now I am unsure with which parameters to play in the proxy setting to
reflect this behavior and say "if the server does not send anything
back in e.g. 15 seconds then go to the other server".

Furthermore, is there a possibility to have a different setting for
specific locations, so that "mysite://longreportpage" has a timeout
of 60 seconds?

Thanks for helping me out.

(from my proxy.conf)

proxy_connect_timeout      50;