The fair proxy balancer

Jure Pečar pegasus at
Wed Dec 5 02:50:14 MSK 2007

On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 19:33:44 +0100
Grzegorz Nosek <grzegorz.nosek at> wrote:

> Well, here I am. Bullseye :)

Just wondering - do you know mod_backhand?

I love very much the way how it recalculates where the request should go on
the fly via its "candidacy functions". Of course I would love to see
something similiar in nginx.

That would require a method of comunication between upstream servers
(php-cgi, mongrels, whatever) and nginx, as upstreams should be able to
inform nginx about their state and the state of the machine they're on.
Anyone interested in implementing something in this direction?

Jure Pečar