SSL Strangeness

Curtis Spencer thorin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 02:12:54 MSK 2007

Ok, so here is an update.

1)  I tried running that test with ab, and I didn't get the httperf
issue where the SSL requests started taking forever, so probably means
it is an httperf tool issue with --ssl option.  Strange...

2)  I still encounter the issue where SSL requests hang indefinitely
for some firefox users in my office. I dug a little deeper and I found
that people around the internet are having issues with Mozilla Firefox
2.0 and having the Use TLS 1.0 set to checked in the preferences and
negotiating SSL connections with secure servers.  Everyone in my
office who was having the problem was using Mozilla Firefox 2.0, so I
had them all disable the TLS 1.0 settings.  I am going to watch and
see what happens over the next few days.

This brings up the issue.  Has anyone encountered this TLS issue as
well, and is there a server setting I can set on nginx to prevent
Firefox from even trying to use TLS 1.0 (if this is even the problem)?

Thanks,
Curtis