[bug] possible bug in the range filter

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Wed Dec 12 17:12:29 MSK 2007

Igor Sysoev ha scritto:
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 02:22:50PM +0100, Manlio Perillo wrote:
>
>> Manlio Perillo ha scritto:

>>> [...]
>>> Now I have to found the problem in mod_wsgi...
>>>
>> Ok, problem solved: I didn't set buf->start in a memory buffer...
>>
>> Strange that on Linux I get a 14: Bad address instead of a segmentation
>> fault.
>
> Segmentation fault of kernel ? :)

No, a SIGSEG signal!

> It seems that your module and nginx did not touch this memory, so the value
> was passed to kernel and it saw its invalidity.

Right, but why returning EFAULT instead of raising a SIGSEG?

Moreover:
http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/manual/html_node/Error-Codes.html

Macro: int EFAULT

     Bad address; an invalid pointer was detected. In the GNU system,
this error never happens; you get a signal instead.

But certainly I'm missing something ;-).

Thanks  Manlio Perillo