let's build nginx server with caching !?

Dmitry Sherman lists at ruby-forum.com
Mon Dec 24 00:49:12 MSK 2007

chen changliang wrote:
> nginx has a mirror module  named proxy_store,I think that it will be
> a uesful method for your CDN works.
>
> 2007/11/29, Nati Abargel <bdeveloper at gmail.com>:

I've tried to use the proxy_store feature to cache flv files on the
nginx server,
For some reason most of the files are corrupted, when I compared the
original files to the cached I found the cached corrupted files are
little smaller (some of the more and some less smaller) then the
original.

The connection between the servers is fast and there is no congestion on
the line.
I tried to upgrade to nginx 0.6 (latest) – didn't help.

When I cache small images everything goes well. The FLV files size
varies from 1mb to 20mb , the small (1mb) files also have the same
problem.

At the end, the player cannot play those files at all, what I do now is
running rsync between the servers, it solves me the problem but actually
its not a good solution because I need new added flv files to work
instantly without waiting for the rsync schedule.

What do you think?