[?? Probable Spam] Re: about "connection_pool_size" and "request_pool_size"

arlene chen arlenecc at incesoft.com
Thu Dec 27 06:14:26 MSK 2007

Igor Sysoev 写道:
> On Wed, Dec 26, 2007 at 11:36:47PM +0800, arlene chen wrote:
>

>>    who know the exact mean of  "connection_pool_size" and
>> "request_pool_size",I  try to find it in  nginx document  but  it it not
>> listed in module reference ,and I can not search it in nginx wiki too.
>> Finally I search it from  nginx's  source code, only  two xx.c   used
>> these parameter , but I can  not find out the exact mean of these two
>> parameters, so I need to know  how these two parameters are defined and
>> the most thing is they are used for what?
>>

> The pools are used to allocate memory per connection and request.
> The pools are used for small allocations. If a block is bigger than
> pool size or bigger than page size, then it is allocted outside the pool.
> If there is not enough memory for small allocation inside pool, then
> a new block of the same pool size is allocated.

the default setting of connection_pool_size is 256 byte ,and the default
setting of request_pool_size is 4k, can I think that the
connection_pool_size is just used to maintain the socket connection and
and the request_pool_size is just used to cache the http request header,
the output_buffer is used to http response, so the connection_pool_size
and request_pool_size have not effect on the performance of nginx or the
effect is very small?

--
      best regards,
         arlenecc

WARNINGS : this email may be confidential and/or privileged. Only the intended recipient may access or use it. If you are not the intented recipient, please delete this email and notify us promptly. We use virus scanning software but disclaim any liability for viruses or any other contents of this message or any attachment.