running a thread in the nginx worker process cycle

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at
Thu Dec 27 18:33:22 MSK 2007

Igor Sysoev ha scritto:
> On Thu, Dec 27, 2007 at 03:39:10PM +0100, Manlio Perillo wrote:
>> With mod_wsgi I'm starting to testing threading usage in the Python
>> application.
>> Do I have to take some precautions when starting a new thread?
>> In the nginx sources I see that some signals are blocked.
>> Above all, it is safe to start a new thread?
> It's not simple question. I can not say right now.

Ok, thanks.

I will try to do some better tests, however the WSGI application at:
seems to work, even with an high level of concurrency.

By the way, there is an interesting post about a multithreaded python
application embedded in PostgreSQL (with plpython):

In that case, Tome Lane response is simply:
Don't even *think* about starting multiple threads inside the Postgres
backend.  It's an excellent way to break things.

Manlio Perillo