proxy https to IIS

Lan Tran llt at
Wed Feb 14 21:50:04 MSK 2007

I'd like to proxy https traffic to an IIS server.  I've imported the cert
and server key from IIS to nginx.  I'm experiencing timeouts.  Can nginx do
what I want?
Debug does not show much info.  Below is my config:

worker_processes  2;
#error_log  logs/error.log debug;
error_log  logs/error.log info;
pid        logs/;
events {
    worker_connections  1024;

http {
    include       conf/mime.types;
    default_type  application/octet-stream;
    log_format  main  '$remote_addr - $remote_user [$time_local] $status '
                      '"$request" $body_bytes_sent "$http_referer" '
                      '"$http_user_agent" "http_x_forwarded_for"';
    access_log  logs/access.log  main;
    sendfile       on;
    tcp_nopush     on;
    tcp_nodelay    on;

server {
        listen       443;
        keepalive_timeout    70;
        ssl                  on;
        ssl_certificate      /usr/local/nginx/conf/ssl/server.crt;
        ssl_certificate_key  /usr/local/nginx/conf/ssl/server.key;
        ssl_session_cache    shared:SSL:10m;
        ssl_session_timeout  10m;
        access_log  logs/access.log  main;
        ssl_protocols  SSLv2 SSLv3 TLSv1;
        ssl_prefer_server_ciphers   on;
        # Main location
        location / {
            proxy_redirect     off;
            proxy_set_header   Host             $host;