nginx-0.5.6

Ezra Zygmuntowicz ezmobius at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 01:46:27 MSK 2007

On Jan 9, 2007, at 9:11 AM, Igor Sysoev wrote:

> Changes with nginx 0.5.6                                         09
> Jan 2007
>
>     *) Change: now the ngx_http_index_module ignores all methods
> except the
>        GET, HEAD, and POST methods.
>
>     *) Feature: the ngx_http_limit_zone_module.
>
>     *) Feature: the $binary_remote_addr variable.
>
>     *) Feature: the "ssl_session_cache" directives of the
>        ngx_http_ssl_module and ngx_imap_ssl_module.
>
>     *) Feature: the DELETE method supports recursive removal.
>
>     *) Bugfix: the byte-ranges were transferred incorrectly if the
>        $r->sendfile() was used.
>

> Igor Sysoev
> http://sysoev.ru/en/

	Looks good. I just tested it with our setup and it works great. Any
word on a setting for non-buffered file uploads when proxying to
backends? This is the one feature I still really need that other
webservers have but nginx does not yet.

	Is it possible for me to sponsor the development of a config option
to turn off buffering of file uploads that need to get proxied to a
backend instead of buffered by nginx?

Thanks-
-- Ezra Zygmuntowicz
-- Lead Rails Evangelist