avoiding disk cache on proxy ?

Ezra Zygmuntowicz ezmobius at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 05:44:14 MSK 2007

On Jan 15, 2007, at 1:31 PM, Jonathan Vanasco wrote:

> nginx caches some of my pages to disk during proxy requests because
> it is too large
>
> i'd like to avoid this as much as possible, as the disk io is
> annoying.
>
> can anyone recommend some settings for
> 	proxy_buffering
> 	proxy_buffer_size
> 	proxy_buffers
>
> i'd like to avoid writing to disk entirely.  i'd be fine with
> dedicate 20mb or so to this if needed.
>

> // Jonathan Vanasco

Hey Jonathan-

	Here is my proxy settings:

       proxy_set_header  X-Real-IP  $remote_addr;
       proxy_set_header  X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
       proxy_set_header Host $http_host;
       proxy_redirect false;
       proxy_max_temp_file_size 0;

the proxy_max_temp_file_size 0; one is the ticket. That will stop it
from buffering to disk.

Cheers-
-- Ezra Zygmuntowicz
-- Lead Rails Evangelist