A big thank you and a couple of questions about performance

Šime Ramov hi at brand84.com
Thu Jan 18 01:23:23 MSK 2007

Hello,

I just configured Debian Sarge box for serving Django sites with
Python 2.5, psyco, SQLite 3, nginx 0.5.7, and Django SVN and I could
not be happier. Just a big big thanks to developers, nginx is really
amazing.

Now, on to the questions. The speed is *amazing*, really. And that's
without *any* modifications. I just used default config file and
adjusted slightly in order to serve Django.

Now, I was wondering, what optimizations can I make to make it even faster?

This is my config file, kernel is 2.4 on Debian Sarge:
http://dpaste.com/hold/4771/

As you can see, it serves static files while redirecting dynamic stuff
to FastCGI server...

I'm just interested in pure performance, bandwidth saving isn't a big
deal because I will have just low traffic sites... Thanks.

  - Šime Ramov