0.5.7 waiting connections SOLVED

Igor Sysoev is at rambler-co.ru
Sun Jan 21 13:13:56 MSK 2007

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007, [UTF-8] Jan ?lusarczyk wrote:

> Just to give an update for archive purposes - my problems were caused by
> invalid optimization switch passed to gcc through environment variables. Most
> probably the "-j2". Compilation with
> CFLAGS= ./configure ...
> was all that was needed. Big thanks to Igor for all his help.

I believe it's not "-j2", because it's the make options (by the way,
nginx should be built successfuly with parallel make).

I belive the cause was the "-O2" optimization in gcc 4.0.3:

gcc version 4.0.3 (Ubuntu 4.0.3-1ubuntu5)

CFLAGS="-O2 -pipe -mcpu=pentium4 -march=pentium4 -fomit-frame-pointer"

I usually build with -O (it's default in ./configure).

Igor Sysoev