HTTP load balancing algorithm

Florian Munz surf at
Mon Jan 22 22:42:12 MSK 2007

I'm currently running mod_proxy_balancer proxying to two app servers
running 6 mongrel processes each.

Unfortunately I have some slow requests in my application. Since apache
doesn't distribute the requests very clever I am getting long loading
times for some of the requests (apache sends a new requests to a mongrel
process who is busy answering another request). The problem is described
in more detail in the mongrel list:

I was wondering if nginx has a smarter way of distributing the httpd
requests than apache and could help me here?