load balancing depending on actual load

Martin Minka martin.minka at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 17:13:15 MSD 2007

This is not bad, but I would need to add to my scripts check about the
actual load (overhead).
I would prefer if Nginx would be able to receive message from "dynamic
servers".

Benefits would be:
* web application could manipulate how server should be loaded
* any script could exclude the server from LB. for example if I would
run script to get new code from SVN, I would first inform nginx to stop
to use the server and after all code is refreshed I would put myself
back to LB
* any LB strategy could be easy implemented

It would be also great, if there would be a way how to confiure Nginx to
stop to use the server for some time (for example 10 sec) or infinite.

Nobody else would need such functionality ? Or has somebody better idea
for optimal load balancing ?

Best regards,
Martin Minka