multiple fastcgi ?

Brice Figureau brice+nginx at daysofwonder.com
Tue Jul 24 13:37:41 MSD 2007

On Mon, 2007-07-23 at 23:04 +0400, Igor Sysoev wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 06:17:22PM +0200, Brice Figureau wrote:
>
> > I'm sorry if my question is not stricly nginx related.
> >
> > I have to deploy a fastcgi based application (trac for that matters).
> > I'd like to deploy it as a fastcgi directly under nginx instead of
> > behind a proxyied upstream apache running mod_fastcgi.

[snip]
> > Is there any known workaround ?
>
> As I know spawn-fcgi does not allow to spawn several processes.
> As workaround you may try to run several tracs on several ports
> adn use "upstream".

Yes that could work.

I found that Trac uses python's WSGI which is multithreaded by default,
so in fact it spawns a thread per FastCGI request. In this specific case
there is no need of a Fast CGI process manager ala mod_fastcgi.

The only FastCGI process manager I could find is the following Perl
modules:
http://search.cpan.org/~jurach/FCGI-ProcManager-0.17/ProcManager.pm
Maybe it could be used to build a complete process manager.
--
Brice Figureau <brice+nginx at daysofwonder.com>