feature request: migrate rewrite into Main / HTTP

Gregg Reynolds dev at mobileink.com
Fri Mar 16 17:57:07 MSK 2007

On 3/11/07, Igor Sysoev <is at rambler-co.ru> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 10, 2007 at 01:18:50PM -0500, Jonathan Vanasco wrote:
>
> > Would it be possible to migrate some of the rewrite functions out of
> > rewrite and into other sections?
>
> nginx has three type of configuration directives:
>
> 1) static: the most directives,
> 2) partially dynamic: the directives with $variable paramters,
> 3) and dynamic: if/rewrite/set/break/return.

In the documentation I'm working on, I classify "if", "break" and
maybe a few others as syntax, not directives.  Modules, static/dyamic,
etc. - all good for developer documentation, but (in general)
unnecessary detail for user-oriented documentation.  So documentation
of "if" will go with documentation of the language syntax - block
structure, statement syntax, etc.  A minor annotation will note the
implementation module.

-gregg