Nuno Marques nmarques at
Wed Mar 21 18:55:56 MSK 2007

I have sucessfuly configured nginx to receive IMAP/POP requests on SSL:

 server {
                listen     993;
                ssl on;
                ssl_certificate      /etc/nginx/cert.crt;
                ssl_certificate_key  /etc/nginx/key.pem;
                protocol   imap;
                proxy      on;

This works just fine, but I would like to know if it is possible to
connect to the imap server using SSL too. I've created a php file to
authenticate the users and redirect them to the right server:

	header('Auth-Status: OK');
	header("Auth-Port: 145");

Is there any directive to tell nginx to use SSL on the PHP file?

I know I can use stunnel to create tunnels between nginx and the imap/pop
servers, but that solution looks a little bit ugly :)

Nuno Marques

Nuno Marques <nmarques at>
Administracao de Sistemas DI-FCUL
Faculdade de Ciencias da Universidade de Lisboa
Campo Grande - Edificio C6 - Piso 3