feature request

Bedros Hanounik 2bedros at gmail.com
Wed May 9 09:47:22 MSD 2007

a while ago I sent an email inquiring about nginx feature equivalent
to mod_secdownload of Lighttpd found here
(http://trac.lighttpd.net/trac/wiki/Docs%3AModSecDownload)

recently I checked the feature request page of nginx wiki and found a
suggestion to use NginxXSendfile feature; however I'm not sure if
XSendfile supports the following

the uri expires;  timing out,

static file is on a URI on a different machine/location

these two parameters of the mod_secdownload are very valuables, they
allow me to give someone a limited access to a static file, then
later, if his/her membership expires, they no longer can use the same
old uri to access the static file.

I could be wrong, but is what I just described is lacking from
XSendfile feature??

Thanks in advance

-Bedros