Serving mp3 files from Nginx

nhytro-python at nhytro-python at
Sat May 19 10:44:25 MSD 2007

I have noticed something very strange with Nginx. I can server normal mp3 files from Apache, and the can be played or downloaded normally, the same files do not work on Nginx.

here is a test link:

This is what my conf looks like:

user www-data;
worker_processes 1;

error_log /var/log/nginx/error.log;
pid /var/run/;

events {
worker_connections 1024;

http {
include /etc/nginx/mime.types;
default_type application/octet-stream;

access_log /var/log/nginx/access.log;

sendfile on;
#tcp_nopush on;

#keepalive_timeout 0;
keepalive_timeout 65;
tcp_nodelay on;

gzip on;

server {
listen 80;
server_name localhost;

access_log /var/log/nginx/localhost.access.log;

location / {
root /var/www/nginx-default;
index index.html index.htm;

## ======= ERROR LOG

007/05/18 00:26:10 [crit] 3784#0: *6 sendfile() failed (38: Function not implemented) while sending response to client, client:, server: localhost, URL: "/test.mp3", host: ""

Does anyone have an idea what I have done wrong?

kostenguenstig. Jetzt gleich testen!