Relative links in trac

Oinopion oinopion at
Fri Nov 2 03:31:45 MSK 2007

I'd like to use nginx for running small project site with trac. I have
VPS with apache on 80 and nginx on 8080 with an address,
the project site (virtual host) and I'd like to
have trac on

My virtual host looks like that:

server {
        listen       8080;

        access_log  /var/log/nginx/skrypt.access.log;
        error_log   /var/log/nginx/skrypt.error.log;

        location / {
                root   /var/www/skrypt/www;
                index  index.html index.htm;

        location /trac/ {

So here I have problem with trac/proxy: all links within trac are
relative to virtual host (, but that should be
relative to trac directory ( So link to
login points to instead of When tracd is served through location /
everything is OK.

Another problem is with static content: when using location /trac
theres no css/images Again, with location / its OK.

I've tried various configs and searched google, but I just don't
understand what should be done here. If someone could explain this, or
point a place to learn?

Best regards

   Tomek Paczkowski

You will pay for your sins.  If you have already paid, please disregard
this message.