about http cache module

Igor Sysoev is at rambler-co.ru
Wed Nov 7 12:53:47 MSK 2007

On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 01:07:08PM +0800, Steve Chu wrote:

> I dig into nginx source code, found that lots of  ngx_http_cache.c
> code has been commented.
> Is it abandoned or.. Igor plan to develop it later?

Yes, it was abandoned when before nginx went to a production life
in the end of 2003.

> We wanna some features like lighttpd's mod_cache and squid, but we
> found that it is a problem for us to share a
> a cache(file system local cache) among nginx workers, any idea?

What problems do you mean ?

> Does Igor meet some problem on implmenting http cache module?

There are two things I do like in my first implementation:

1) busy lock
2) and garbage collection

so work was ssupended. However, there is big demand of nginx cache
in my company, so I will eventually implement it. I'm going to implement
many features of my Apache module mod_accel:

Igor Sysoev