connection pool

Aleksandar Lazic al-nginx at none.at
Mon Nov 19 11:06:47 MSK 2007

On Mon 19.11.2007 09:59, Igor Sysoev wrote:
>On Sun, Nov 18, 2007 at 04:00:37PM +0100, Aleksandar Lazic wrote:
>
>> where is the best place to add a connection pool, for proxy backends
>> into nginx?
>
>A connection pool by itself could be easy added.

Ok, I think in src/core/ngx_connection.c and a queue algo, right?

>The problem is backend's chunked HTTP/1.1 responses.

Step by step ;-)
1.) add connection pools
2.) keepalive vor backends, due the fact that in the frontend this is
     allready there and pass the chunked response 1:1 to client, like a
     gateway ;-)
3.) plan how to add the other HTTP/1.1 feature to the proxy module,
     which is very tricky for some parts, imho.

Cheers

Aleks