Fair Proxy Balancer

Adam Zell zellster at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 00:38:41 MSK 2007

Hello,

In case people haven't seen it:
  http://www.brainspl.at/articles/2007/11/09/a-fair-proxy-balancer-for-nginx-and-mongrel

"So EngineYard.com put out a bounty on getting a fair proxy balancer
that would keep track of when a mongrel is busy and not send requests
to it until it has finished and is ready to take requests. This means
that now we can effectively queue inside nginx very efficiently and
only send requests to non busy mongrels. Thereby avoiding the waiting
in the wrong line for service problem described above."

I am guessing that the strategy is at the network level, so it should
work with non-mongrel back-ends.

--
Adam
zellster at gmail.com