[dev] can't add timer in a module postconf init routine.

Brice Figureau brice+nginx at daysofwonder.com
Mon Oct 8 21:21:27 MSD 2007

Hi,

I tried to ngx_add_timer the postconfiguration init callback of a module,
but it doesn't work because ngx_event_timer_init has not yet been called.

Is it possible to call ngx_event_timer_init _before_ the configuration
phase ends ?

My only other alternative is to lazily add my timer in the handler
callback if not set yet (that works fine for sure, but I'm not sure there
won't be race which could create more timer than I need if there are
multiple workers).

Thanks,
--
Brice Figureau