[dev] forcing a browser to open a new connection

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Wed Oct 17 22:49:30 MSD 2007

Igor Sysoev ha scritto:
> On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 08:23:41PM +0200, Manlio Perillo wrote:
>> What is the best method for forcing a browser to close the current
>> connection and to open a new connection?
>> Now I'm using the Refresh headers.
> r->keepalive = 0;

Here is, in detail, what I want to do (again, for mod_python).

1) A browser requests a resource (WSGI application)
2) mod_python detects that the Python script has changed,
    and (if enabled) raises the SIGQUIT signal, so that a new process can
    be created, that will load the updated WSGI application
3) I need to tell the brower to make a new request, so that it will use
    the updated script

Thanks  Manlio Perillo