reverse proxy with Outlook web access

Ian Dobson ian at plus.ca
Sun Oct 28 08:53:02 MSK 2007

Well now I'm getting somewhere, its working :) I switched it all over to
https since everything I read tells me I should.

However if I'm understanding it correctly I'm not doing yhos the best
way, here is my working config, what should I do differently?

Oh and thanks for all your help, the list archives realy helped me.

server {
    listen       443;
    server_name  external.domain.com;

    ssl                  on;
    ssl_certificate      cert.pem;
    ssl_certificate_key  cert.key;
    ssl_session_timeout  5m;

    location / {
    proxy_set_header        Host $host;
    proxy_set_header        X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
    proxy_set_header        X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
    proxy_pass              https://internal.domain.com;

On Fri, Oct 26, 2007 at 08:08:56AM -0700, Ian Dobson wrote:

> Hi, I'm trying to reverse proxy an outlook web access server running
> http only and I'm having a bit of difficulty, it seems to go to the
> correct location but keeps failing on the username/password part.
>
> Does anyone have this working successfully, I'd love to see the
> configuration for it.  Thanks.

Could you make debug log:

./configure --with-debug ...

nginx.conf:

error_log  /path/to/log debug;

?

Be careful, your username/password encoded in base64 may be in debug log
if server uses Basic Authorization. Use some temporary password.

--
Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/