gzip enabling for selective browsers

Manu J manu.1982 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 19:56:23 MSD 2007

> By default text/html is compressed only.
> The application/x-javascript, text/xml, application/xml are compressed
> only if they set by gzip_types directive.
>
> nginx has no directive to disable gzip on browser basis, however, nginx
> internally disableы gzip for some request made by MSIE 4.x.

Thank you. Will this feature be included later ? Because gzipping is
very effective and since javascript files benefit most from it (as
there are many of them in my site) I want to enable gzip for js. But
IE (almost all versions ) have problems with that. Maybe the internal
code can be made a config feature ?

Thanks
Manu