nginx as an open proxy

Riku Räisänen riku at helloit.fi
Thu Sep 6 17:33:40 MSD 2007

rewrite ^/(.*)$ http://$1;

I think you might also want to parse the contents and replace the
links, ie.

	http://hotmail.com/login
	http://proxy.yourdomain.com/hotmail.com/logi

to make sure that hardcoded links don't break the proxying.

Someone else can continue from here, I've never done proxying like
that. What happens to domain specific cookies etc?

Tony Lewis kirjoitti 6.9.2007 kello 16:03:

> I would like to use nginx as an open proxy, using regular
> expressions to get to any URL.
>
> For example, if I browse through nginx through a URL like:
>     http://proxy.mydomain.com/hotmail.com
>
> then nginx will proxy to http://hotmail.com
>
> I tried working with the rewrite rule, but the best I could get was
> getting it to try and serve me the file /usr/local/nginx/html/
> http://hotmail.com.
>
> Can it be done?  Can someone steer me in the right direction?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tony

Ystävällisin terveisin,

Riku Räisänen